The Lincoln Scouts Hall is available for hire. The hall is located at 164 North Belt, next to the Lincoln Bowling Club and the netball courts. Please contact our Hall Manager for further information.
LINCOLN SCOUT GROUP CLEANING ROSTER
Lincoln Scouts thanks you for taking your turn on the cleaning roster. It will only come around once a year so please ensure that you do help out. With the number of people now coming through the hall each week we need to maintain hygiene standards. If you need to swap your turn, please arrange this directly with the other families.
Cleaning should be done on the weekend. However, it can be done by arrangement with the leaders, during a kea, cub or scout session.
In the week you are rostered on, you will need to pick up the keys from the container under the sink in the kitchen (suggest you do this when picking up your child from keas, cubs or scouts).
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
You will need to turn on the Mains power switch before starting, please remember to turn it off when you leave. It is located on the wall next to the entranceway inside the main hall.
WHEN YOU LEAVE
- ENSURE ALL DOORS AND WINDOWS ARE SECURELY LOCKED
- PUT THE KEYS BACK IN THE CONTAINER UNDER THE SINK
- TURN THE MAINS POWER OFF AGAIN
- PULL THE DOOR TO ON YOU’RE WAY OUT AND MAKE SURE IT IS LOCKED
Scout Hall cleaning instructions
Cleaning items are stored in the cupboard in the entrance area, which the small key on the keyring opens. There are also extra paper towels, toilet paper and cleaning supplies in the large cupboard area to the right as you walk into the kitchen. Warm water can be obtained from the sink tap in the entrance area, or hot water boiled in the jug. Mop and bucket can be found in the toilet area.
- Sweep kitchen floor and main hall floor with the rag broom.
- Wet mop the main hall floor (floor cleaner according to the instructions on the container stored in the cupboard). Empty bucket in the sink in the toilet area and leave mop wrung out and standing with the mop head up in the air to dry out. When dirty, mop heads can be unscrewed and put in a washing machine to clean.
- Wash and put away any dishes in the kitchen area. The small bottle of dishwashing liquid next to the sink can be refilled from the 4L container stored in the cleaning cupboard. Clean bench and sink with Handy Andy or Jif.
- Clean toilet, basin and sink in the change room area. Use a couple of paper towels to clean the toilet then put in the rubbish. Don’t flush them down the toilet please as it easily gets blocked.
- Take home any dirty tea towels, wash and return ASAP to the cupboard in the kitchen.
- There are Selwyn District wheelie bins for recycling and non-recyclable waste.
Email Sarah Rees email@example.com or 0273678426, if any cleaning items or toilet rolls have run out or if you are unable to clean on your rostered date.